These FAQs will give you a better understanding of our Bamboo.
If you’ve got a question we haven’t covered please feel free to Contact Us.
How to Clean My Bamboo Warehouse Floor
- Do not use harsh chemical cleaning products on your Bamboo Warehouse floor.
- The best way to clean your Bamboo Warehouse floor is to mix ¼ cup white vinegar into a standard spray bottle filled with water and shake to mix the solution. Spray the liquid lightly onto a soft cloth lined mop attachment and clean floor.
- Avoid traditional wet soaked mop on your Bamboo Warehouse floor as the excess water could damage and stain the bamboo. Should an accidental spill occur, blot immediately with a soft clean cloth.
- Spills and tracked in dirt can be cleaned by dust mop or a lightly dampened mop. Oils from asphalt driveways or roads will tend to leave a stain.
- To clean a sticky mark off your Bamboo Warehouse floor, it is safe to use a commercial hardwood cleaning product to spot clean the the stubborn dirt. Use a soft clean cloth to rub.
- Do not use Steel wool, scouring powder, abrasive cleaners or detergents on you bamboo flooring. Grease, tar or oil can be removed with a cloth that is dampened with light mineral spirits. This usually lifts lipstick, crayon and most rubber scuffs also.
- Grit, dust and dirt should always be removed as gently as possible to avoid potential surface scratching.
- A good quality dust mop or vacuum head is the most effective tool for cleaning dust and dirt off of the floor. The cleaner head must be brush or felt. To keep your floors looking their best, vacuum clean or dry mop at least twice a week to remove loose dirt or grit before it can scratch the surface of your floors.
- Do not wax, steam clean or polish your bamboo flooring.
How to Take Care of My Bamboo Warehouse Floor
- To avoid dust and dirt being walked onto your Bamboo Warehouse floor, it is recommended to place a non abrasive rug or mat at the entrance to the room to collect sand, moisture and grit.
- To help guard against the possibility of scratches and dents, place protective pads under furniture legs and chairs.
- If your Bamboo Flooring is adjacent to an exterior door then place doormats outside at the entrance to keep dirt and grit from being tracked inside.
- Be sure to clean shoes and entry mats well.
- If scratches do occur, then a product called RUSTIN SCRATCH remover can be used to cover them up. If the scratches are very deep, a light sanding and re-sealing is advisable. If a sanding and re sealing is ever needed, the best product to use is called “Bono traffic water based sealer”. Please contact us for more info on purchasing these products.
- Make sure any carpets or mats placed on your Bamboo Warehouse floor are both colour-fast and non-scratch.
- Do not leave pot plants on your Bamboo Warehouse floor in case of water leakage. Always place a catchment tray underneath the pot plant.
Will My Bamboo Warehouse Floor Fade?
Bamboo Warehouse flooring has UV protection in its pre-finish, however it is still advisable to avoid excessive direct sunlight exposure for your Bamboo Warehouse floor, as colour changes may occur due to the natural sugars found in bamboo. Therefore blinds and curtains are a good idea over windows especially if your windows face the heat of the sun.
Will Humidity and Heat Affect My Bamboo Warehouse Floor?
Strand woven bamboo flooring is a natural material that responds to changes in humidity. A general rule of thumb here is actually based on common sense. If you’re feeling hot and sweaty in a room your floors feel the same way and windows ned to be opened and air con turned on. If youre comfrotable in your home your floors will feel comfortable. When it comes to under-floor heating, we recommend a longer period of time for the bamboo to acclimatise before installation. This allows for the contraction of the planks to take place before the floor is laid and will limit the changes later on. The under-floor heating will need to be set at an average temperature while the planks are adjusting and accommodating for the lack of moisture in the air.
Will My Bamboo Warehouse Floor Scratch?
Your Bamboo Warehouse bamboo floor has over 9 coatings for protection against scratching. Having said that, you need to use common sense about scratching and take necessary precautions:
- Use furniture pads on all furniture at all times.
- Make sure all coasters and wheels are rubber.
- When moving furniture, make sure to either lift the furniture or slide it by using a soft, clean, dust free blanket.
We always recommend installing our floors right at the end of any building project, as this minimises the chance of damage by contractors and builders. Sadly, there has been many cases where we have finished our installation and within the next day or two a builder has dragged a tool box across the new floors or walked gravel and grit across the floors causing scratches.
Is My Bamboo Warehouse Floor Water Resistant?
Your Bamboo Warehouse bamboo floor has over 9 coatings for protection against water damage. Having said that, you need to use common sense with water and take necessary precautions:
- Dry any water spilt on the floor as soon as possible.
- Do not install in small children’s bathroom where there may be excessive splashing.
- Look out for water from windows and doors which may leak during heavy rain.
Due to the attachment mechanism on our Click flooring, the rubber seal on the short ends of the planks creates an additional protection against water seepage.
Will My Bamboo Warehouse Floor Handle Heavy Foot Traffic & Weight?
For floors where there will be a large amount of foot traffic and/or the requirement to bear a lot of weight we strongly recommend selecting our Strand Woven Click Bamboo flooring. Firstly, Strand Woven Bamboo is incredibly strong, twice as strong as Solid Vertical Bamboo. The Janka Hardness Test places the hardness of Strand Woven Bamboo near the extremely hard, exotic hard woods like Brazilian walnut and Ipe. Bamboo grows much faster than these woods and costs a lot less as well. Strand Woven Bamboo is strong enough to stand up to the rigors associated with commercial environments, giving business owners the option of going green without sacrificing durability. Secondly, our Click Bamboo flooring accommodates contraction and expansion in the bamboo by moving as a single unit, which means Strand Woven Click Bamboo flooring handles weight more successfully than Tongue & Groove flooring which accommodated changes in the bamboo by allowing each plank to move individually which often results in minor gapping over time.